Collins-Davis House, Main Street, Old Washington, Kentucky, 1982, by Jack Boucher for an Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), via Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division (all photos here).
This clapboard structure, built in 1875, is the most exuberant interpretation of Gothic Revival architecture in Washington. . . . A mid-western interpretation of Gothic Revival cottage architecture, . . . with three steep gables emphasizing verticality and the porch with stylized Tudor arches drawing attention from the Greek Revival doorway. Notably absent is any vestige of . . . the “gingerbread” often associated with post-Civil War architecture.
— HABS, written ca. late 1970s or early 1980s
Looking at Google Maps street view for Old Washington, it appears that the house still exists in good condition.
Farmhouse porch with plants in painted lard buckets, Morehead, Kentucky, 1940, by Marion Post Wolcott for U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, via Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.
I wish we could see the colors of the painted* containers.
Two special supports were built along the front of the porch to display the plants. (There’s a third view of the house here.)
*Here, here, and here are examples of 1930s interior paint color combinations.
A repeat porch from October 2013. . .
Nicholas County, Kentucky, November 1940, by John Vachon, via Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.
What frills attached to such a simple farmhouse and yard.
Her dress goes with the house and her curls with the porch.
Colonnade, Central Park, Louisville, Kentucky, between 1900 and 1910, Detroit Publishing Co., via Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.
The park’s 17 acres were owned by the Dupont family in the 1870s, yet open for public use as “Dupont Square.” In 1883, the space — temporarily “roofed in” — was used to demonstrate Thomas Edison’s light bulb.
In 1904, the Duponts sold the land to the city, and Frederick Law Olmsted, who was already working in Louisville, designed a large open-air shelter and colonnade for the park’s high point. The colonnade still exists and is undergoing restoration.