A corner of the Whitman Garden, Bedford, New York, between 1914 and 1949, a hand-colored glass lantern slide by an unknown photographer,* via Archives of American Gardens, Garden Club of America Collection, Smithsonian Institution (used here by permission).
The Archives holds over 60,000 photos and records documenting 6,300 historic and contemporary American gardens. At its core are almost 3,000 hand-colored glass lantern and 35mm slides donated by the Garden Club of America, which is the source of this image.
(Click on the picture to enlarge it.)
*The slide manufacturer was Edward Van Altena.