There are more photos of the market here.
“Bryan family, Jane & Dagmar in garden,” probably Toronto, September 1925, The Globe and Mail Fonds (1266, Item 6299), via City of Toronto Archives.
The little girl on the right (Dagmar?) is holding up something, perhaps a caterpillar or worm.
The Rathbuns were a prominent family in Deseronto. About the time of this photo, The Rathbun Company owned a local shipyard and saw mill and a number of other businesses. At least two of its men had served as mayor around the turn of the 20th century. However, markets changed, woods stock were depleted, and fires destroyed their docks and other property. “[The] core timber and minerals resource businesses were dead by 1916 . . . . The company surrendered its charter in 1923,” according to Wikipedia.
“Yonge St. Mission, Mr. & Mrs. J. C. Davis on roof garden,” Toronto, July 29, 1924, via The Globe and Mail Collection (Fond 1266, Item 3318), City of Toronto Archives.
John Coolidge Davis founded the Yonge Street Mission in the 1890s, handing out food and clothing to the poor from a “gospel wagon.” In 1904, the Mission purchased the building at 381 Yonge Street, now called the Evergreen Centre for Street Youth.
The boys’ father was a wealthy businessman and banker, and their garden encompassed five acres. Next door, another four acres were owned by their uncle and aunt, Harriet Brooks Pitcher. She was an early nuclear scientist who contributed to the discovery of radon and worked briefly with Marie Curie.